The vision of Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) program is to make the values and principles of Agile accessible to every leader, regardless of prior education and experience, by making known the why, what, and how of Agile in a pragmatic and experiential approach.
What is an Agile Leader?
Since 2001, tens of thousands of leaders all around the world have been creating workplaces in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto. These workplaces were initially most evident in software development. But Agile leadership is now spreading to all parts of the organization and across all sectors of the economy, particularly as software itself has become a key driver of business success. Agile leaders are not just tinkering with the management practices that were once successful. They are creating something different — workplaces with a culture of agility and with Agile values, practices, and metrics. - See more at： https://www.scrumalliance.org/agile-leadership#sthash.iTn02P1r.dpuf
- • Operates effectively amid uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- • Is knowledgeable about Agile values, approaches, and practices
- • Surfaces more creative solutions through increased self-awareness, a growth mindset, and engaging others
- • Aligns and empowers teams toward delivering more customer value
- • Personally integrates feedback and experiments, and adapts their ways
- • Takes a collaborative continuous-improvement approach to organizational effectiveness
- • Catalyzes change in others and facilitates organizational change
Who should participate in the Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Program?
- • Executives, middle management, and other leaders with organizational influence
- • Leaders who support, lead, or interact with Agile teams
- • Any leader sponsoring, requesting, or involved with an Agile adoption within their organization
The Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) program is an education and practice-based program
with the goal of developing Agile leadership competency and maturity in order to increase the effectiveness of a leader in complex, uncertain, and rapidly changing conditions.
The CAL program provides a framework for vetted education providers to build flexible learning programs and provides a guide path for participants to know they are receiving high-quality, dependable, and experienced-based education. The program includes introductory education to bring awareness of the focus and journey of the Agile leader as well as an advanced path of validated learning and practice for the leader to continue the learning journey. Each of these levels includes a credential of completion：
• CAL Credential Level 1
- The CAL Credential Level 1 program is an introductory, education-based program that consists of learning objectives
across five categories. The goal of the CAL Credential Level 1 program is to bring awareness of Agile leadership thinking, focus, and behaviors and to start the Agile leader on their learning journey. The Level 1 credential is achieved upon successful completion of the education learning objectives
• CAL Credential Level 2 - The CAL Credential Level 2 program is an advanced education, validated practice, and peer-based sharing program that consists of learning and practice across three categories. The goal of the Credential Level 2 is to guide leaders in deepening, applying, and sharing their Agile leadership learning. The Credential Level 2 requires a Credential Level 1 and successful completion of the advanced education, validated practice, and peer-based sharing requirements.